RSS feed
May 01, 2007

Handbuilding, May 1, 2007

Reminder, Last Class and PARTY, May 22, 2007

Handbuilding Tuesday Night!

I'll be doing a burnishing demonstration. I'll be using leather HARD clay and polishing it up shiny. I'll talk about finishing a burnished piece. Also, I'll be attending a naked raku (workshops can be fun, wink) workshop in San Antonio this weekend taught by Wally Asselberghs. Wally is from Belgium, his web site is listed below. All the pieces for that workshop need to be burnished. I'll come back from that with all sorts of ideas! Watch out!

http://www.wallyasselberghs.be/

Burnished pieces can also be wrapped in mummy like fashion with a 2" to 3" layer of toilet paper, put in an air tight tin with a tight fitting lid and heated up to smoldering in a gas kiln and let it sit for a couple of hours. The result is a solid black shinny finish. Really stunning.

I'll also do a modified extrusion demo.

See you soon!

+ + + + + +

News Archive:

 

© 2006 Rocket Skull Art Studio. All rights reserved.